Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Sally Hansen - Blue Frosting (230)

The SO and I decided we were going to make some bison burgers and so we headed out to HEB to buy the stuff yesterday. And anytime I go to HEB I *have* to take a quick look around the cosmetics area...and I found a new display of Sally Hansen Diamond Strengths. For $3.27 I knew I was going to have to take a few...so I picked up Blue Frosting (a light blue shimmer with pink/purple flash), Tender Teal (a blue shimmer with purple flash) and All Aglow (a purple shimmer with a hint of gold flash...but doesn't really show on the nail).

I even took off my second Gelish mani after two days to do some swaches for you all but they just would not photograph well! :( I haven't edited the rest of the pictures so for now I'll leave you with my NOTD using Blue Frosting.

Ayer fui a la tienda con mi novio porque queríamos hacer hamburguesas ahora. Cuando voy a la tienda siempre paso por la área de los cosméticos y encontré unos nuevos esmaltes de Sally Hansen! Los colores que compre son Blue Frosting, All Aglow y Tender Teal.

Trate de hacer unos swatches pero las fotos no me salían bien! :( Para mientras las dejo con mi NOTD usando el esmalte Blue Frosting!

Sally Hansen XW - Pacific Blue, 2 coats with 1 coat of Sally Hansen DS Blue Frosting




 Sorry for the horrible pictures...and as always, thanks for reading! <3

4 comments:

  1. Is blue frosting too sheer to be used alone?

    ReplyDelete
  2. In my opinion, yes. Here is a quick swatch of Blue Frosting alone:

    http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g396/goblinrush/September%202012/BlueFrostingSwatch_zpsdda1099a.jpg

    L to R:

    1 coat of Blue Frosting, 1 coat of Blue Frosting over SH XW Pacific Blue, 1 coat of Blue Frosting over black, 2 thick coats of Blue Frosting! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, I bought the green color in this collection (twist of lime I think) and its really sheer too. Probably opaque in 4 coats but it has such a pretty blue color shift

      Delete
  3. What an amazing combo!!!

    ReplyDelete