Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Polish Days October : Sentimental

The theme for this month's Polish Days is Sentimental. At first, I have to admit I felt a bit stumped...but as I sat at my desk it became very clear really fast what I had to do!

A little background/facts on my nail art today: I was born and raised in California. Grew up in the Bay Area! <3 I love where I'm from and wish I was still living there. Unfortunately my parents had personal problems and decided they had to move away from them...to a new state...and that state being Texas (ugh!...no offense to any of you Texans reading this! lol) Although I have grown to accept Texas...I would leave to California in a heartbeat if I had the chance. Therefore...the whole thing is a pretty sensitive subject for me because I left what felt like my entire life behind and had little choice in changing that (health problems, etc.).

Whew! Okay, on to my entry for Polish Days: October!


Thumb: The California state flag [Used FP - Paper Mache + acrylic paint, Konaded the Star]
Index: 49ers logo...my favorite (american) football team from San Francisco. [Used SC - Hot Hot Heat + acrylic paints]
Middle: Mickey Mouse heads that represent Disney Land! [Used FP - Black Expressionism + acrylic paint and dotting tool]
Ring: 510 is the area code I lived in for most of my life. [Used SH XW Blue Away! + acrylic paint]
Pinky: And finally...the logo for the San Francisco Giants...my favorite MLB team :) [Used FP - Black Expressionism + acrylic paint]

Here are the nails in more detail...and I did add in the text for the California flag with PS...there is no way I could write out "California Republic" with a brush that small! lol :) 


Thank you so much for checking this out! Can't wait to see everyone's designs/nails :) You can check them out below. Happy Tuesday!



16 comments:

  1. Wow, this is amazing, I'm sorry there's sadness behing it, but the result is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you :) i said i'd leave TX in a heartbeat but the reality is i've met tons of wonderful people here in TX and i coulnd't change those friendships for the world <3

      Delete
  2. This is AMAZING- you did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh this is soo pretty! Your nail art is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that's such a huge compliment, thanks! i nearly gave up when I realized I had painted the pinky the wrong way lol glad i pulled through! :)

      Delete
  4. Holy cow! You are so talented at nail art! What a gorgeous tribute to your first HOME state.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, the detail in your nail art is fantastic! Such a pitty there a barriers to you returning to what feels to you like your homes state.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The detail in your nail art is incredible! It's a pity there are obstacles preventing you from returning to what you feel is your home state:(

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow this is absolutely gorgeous work! You're really talented

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, this is amazing! I love the Mickey heads! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loved it!! I left California looong ago. Don't remember much of it...

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is some of the best nail art I've seen. Great job!!

    ReplyDelete